Your Tenancy Agreement
Your Tenancy Agreement is a contract between you and us. It sets out what we agree to do and also explains what you agree to do – such as paying your rent on time and not causing problems to your neighbours.
There are different types of tenancies that EPIC offer, depending on your circumstances. These include:
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy – this tenancy is given to tenants when they first rent a home from EPIC. The tenancy is initially for 12 months and we will review your tenancy during this period. Providing that there have been no tenancy breaches we will convert the tenancy to an Assured Tenancy which will provide you with extra rights.
- Assured Tenancy – This is the type of tenancy you will have once you have successfully completed your Assured Shorthold Tenancy. There is no time limit to this tenancy providing you do everything you have agreed to do including paying your rent on time. Assured tenants have more legal protection from eviction. You can also apply to transfer to another EPIC property. Assured tenants can also apply to exchange homes with any other social landlord tenant.
- Fixed Term Tenancy – We also offer a 5 year fixed term tenancy for our Rent to Buy properties. At the end of the 5 years you have the option of buying the property from EPIC. For more information please follow this link.
Your rights as an EPIC tenant are outlined in your tenancy agreement.
- When you move into your home it will be clean, safe and fit for purpose.
- You have a right to have any repairs completed to a good standard and within a reasonable amount of time.
- We will only visit your home when we need to complete inspections or repairs. Reasonable notice will be given except when there is an emergency and this is not possible.
- Your rent charge will only be reviewed once a year. This may result in your rent increasing or decreasing. You will be given one month’s notice of any changes in writing.
- You have a right to enjoy peace and quiet in your home, although it is also expected that you are reasonable and tolerant to others lifestyles.
- Help from EPIC to address problems with neighbours: Very often, you will be able to sort out issues with your neighbours yourself by talking to them. If you can’t, you can contact EPIC and we will assist you.
- All tenants have the right to enjoy the use of shared gardens and communal space.
You are entitled to make improvements to your home such as changing the decoration or floor furnishing. Please note that some improvements will require you to seek permission from EPIC prior to you completing any works.
Share this page