Transfers and Mutual Exchanges


A transfer is when an existing EPIC Housing tenant moves to another EPIC Housing property. You can apply for a transfer if:

  • You have an assured tenancy (permanent tenancy).
  • You do not owe any rent or any other money to EPIC Housing.
  • You do not have any current breaches of your tenancy agreement.
  • Your home is in a suitable condition to be rented to someone else.

If you would like to apply for a transfer please complete our online application form and we will consider your application.

Mutual Exchanges

A mutual exchange is where tenants of two different council or housing association properties apply to swap homes and tenancies. As an EPIC Housing tenant you can apply for a mutual exchange if:

  • You have an assured tenancy.
  • You do not have any current breaches of your tenancy agreement.
  • You do not have any valid legal notices served against you.

We can support you in finding a suitable exchange partner including helping you register on

Once you have applied to exchange, we will consider the circumstances of you and your exchange partner, and also the size of both properties.

To apply, both you and the person you wish to swap homes with will need to complete an application form. For more information please download this guide.

Share this page